Cudlin's Top Ten
The CP's art critic Jeffry Cudlin examines himself and then comes up with his top ten (actually eight) list for DC area art shows here.
His “Ten Shows I Didn’t Completely Savage”? or “Ten Shows That Very Nearly Rose to My Impossibly High Standards” or “Ten Shows a Nicer, Stupider Critic Might Have Liked?” are listed below:
1. “Blasts” at G Fine Art.
2. Ian Whitmore at Fusebox.
3. Kehinde Wiley at Conner Contemporary Art.
4. Jiha Moon’s “Symbioland” at Curator’s Office.
5. Ed Ruscha's retrospective at the National Gallery of Art.
6. Sam Gilliam's retrospective at The Corcoran Gallery of Art.
7. Found Sound (various).
8. Visual Music at The Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden.