Saturday, December 15, 2007

Shauna Lee Lange's Fave Artwork

Arts writer, critic, coach, and consultant Shauna Lee Lange responds to my request for readers' favorite artworks. Shauna writes:

Without a doubt, hands down, and also in the NGA, is Picasso's "The Tragedy."

If I ever show up on the news as "missing" - you can claim the big "finder's reward" as now you know I'll really be sitting in front of this one!

Do you agree that sincerity is not to be found outside the realm of grief?

Ha - Saddish thought for such a festive season, no?

I'm always surprised at the oddity of the hands and feet, and at different times have waivered between aligning my perspective with each character. Hard to believe 1901 - 1903 - over 100 years ago, and still so completely timeless.

Picasso Tragedy

"The Tragedy" by Pablo Picasso

No comments: