Thursday, September 18, 2008

DC Arts Expo Opens Tomorrow

Tomorrow evening the District's next experiment with an art fair opens with the Artists Preview Reception and Fundraiser at the Washington, DC International Arts Expo, which kicks off the weekend with an Artist Preview and a highly anticipated Fundraising Reception with proceeds benefiting the Howard University Armour J. Blackburn University Center Director’s Discretionary Fund.

Patrons of the arts along with first time collectors will join Mistress of Ceremonies Andrea Roane as she welcomes and introduces them to the artists in the Expo. Enjoy exclusive art unveilings, cash bar, wine tasting and live nationally known and local jazz and spoken word performances. Tickets $50 - details here.

Friday, September 19, 2008, 6pm - 10pm
Washington DC Convention Center Expo Hall D
801 Mount Vernon Place NW, Washington, DC

1 comment:

Melo said...

Oh my. What a coincidence!

I was looking at the Paint Annapolis event and by clicking here and there I found an interview of you, done by Michael Buckley, talking about Plein Air, during the Easton event. Your name sounded so familiar so I went to double check something; it turns out you were the curator who chose one of my Frida Kahlo portraits for the Art.com online exhibit back in 2005, titled "An Homage To Frida Kahlo". I was SO honored to have been chosen. It made a huge impact in me and my self esteem.

I wanted to thank you!!

How small is the world, really?

Nice to meet you, listen to you and to find your blog.

Best wishes!

PS: I'm currently taking a plein air class. It's so different than painting in a studio!! I loved your interview, BTW.