Wednesday, November 26, 2008

New Art Scam

If you get the below email, ignore it. It is a new art scam:

Subject: Artworks..‏
From: Janet Karloff (jan_kar001@yahoo.com)
Sent: Tue 11/25/08 1:58 PM
To: lenny@lennycampello.com

Hi, Hope this message finds you well. I saw these creatives works on your web site and i will like you to get back with more details if they are still available for purchase. "Iranian Campaign" and "Expeditionary Service Test" I will appreciate an urgent reply. Best Regards,

Janet.
Like I have done in the past with other scammers, I will try to hook "Jane Karloff" into wasting time and effort with me...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Lenny,
I received this mail yesterday morning and wrote back asking for her number to discuss over phone and how she got my website. No reply so far.
Shanthi

Anonymous said...

I got it too and thought it was probably a scam. I told her I accepted credit cards or paypal but haven't heard back.

Scott

Anonymous said...

Yes, I heard from her too. She said her husband was going to forward payment. I held the pieces pending payment and heard nothing. Is there any way we can track this person down?