Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Best pizza in America

I've been searching for the best pizza in the United States since my teens, when a slice of pie was a quarter and there were a dozen pizza places along Pitkin Avenue in Brooklyn.

Best pizza that I ever tasted was in Sicily, and the worst one was in London.

Best pizza in America is at Little Anthony in Media, PA.

Anthony is a Napolitano, and his pizzas are amazing, especially the garlic white pizza. His is the best pizza that I have ever eaten in the US.

Best pizza in the South?

Andrea's Pizza, located in the Riverdale Shopping Center off West Mercury Blvd in Hampton, Virginia.

4 comments:

John said...

Full Moon on 186th and Arthur Ave. in the Bronx.

Mike Blejer said...

Lucali's near Carroll St. stop in Brooklyn. Call ahead and it's a long wait, but well worth it. The guy who runs it came up through Di Fara's.

Anonymous said...

A pizza connoisseur! Next time you're near Binghamton, NY try Brozzetti Pizza. review:
http://yorkstaters.blogspot.com/2006/01/tastes-of-region-5-brozzettis-pizza.html

OK it's owned by my family, run by my Uncle Aldo, but I've got to say it is the best and the only store in the US.
Palma

rania123456 said...

I first time visit this blog. I find this blog is useful and valuable blog.

Regard
http://www.chelmerfineart.com