Friday, November 20, 2009

Things that piss me off...

When you spend an hour framing something under glass, and no matter how much you clean and blow, there's always some debris under the glass trapped between the glass and matted artwork.

One worse than that: you've finally checked it a million times and it's all good, and so you go ahead and finish the framing, turn it over, and discover a hair that has magically materialized under the glass.

One worse than that: So you take it all apart and get rid of the hair, and re-do it all and check it and it looks great. And so you seal the back of the frame, put all the hardware on and bubble wrap it for transportation to the Miami art fairs.

Then you remember that you've forgotten to photograph the new artwork for your records and in order to have a digital image for the Certificate of Authenticity and the gallery's website.

Makes my head hurt...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lenny. Clean the glass with newspaper and windex, never use paper towels or other cloth and you should have no trouble.

Anonymous said...

or better yet, have a professional do your framing :)

Lenny said...

I'm a professionally trained framer... and have all the equipment. The issue with newspaper to clean glass is that then the newsprint-stained hands is a pain in the ass with white mats. I actually use newsprint to clean the glass.

I'm just a hairy guy...

Tracey Clarke said...

I feel your pain, Lenny. I feel it.

Bonnie said...

I'm giggling. Sorry. Can't help it as I commiserate and nod my head.