Job in the Arts
Cultural Development Corporation (CuDC), a non-profit organization dedicated to creating opportunities for artists and cultural organizations that stimulate economic development and improve quality of life in the DC metropolitan area, is accepting applications for a Technical Associate. This position services the theatre spaces at Flashpoint and Source, multi-user facilities housing a gallery, rehearsal studios, performance spaces and collaborative office space serving area artists and arts organizations.
• Coordinate day-to-day technical operations of CuDC performance and rehearsal spaces including:
- maintenance of lighting and audio equipment;
- management of load-in and load-out schedules;
- production walkthroughs with producers and presenters;
- black box schedule coordination with CuDC staff; and
- procuring equipment, materials and other technical services;
• Manage rentals of facility equipment;
• Coordinate facility repairs and maintenance with contractors;
• Manage facility telephone, photocopier/printing, security and safety systems;
• Assistance with production aspects of CuDC special events;
• Assist staff and residents with IT related issues, perform regular network maintenance tasks, and act as a liaison with IT support vendors;
• Perform duties as master electrician and audio engineer during Source Festival and other CuDC events, as needed; and
• Provide general administrative and operations support, as needed.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience;
• 5 years of experience in technical theatre and related industries;
• Experience operating multiple venues;
• Comprehensive working knowledge of lighting systems, ETC software, and theatrical audio systems;
• Ability to identify and repair problems with lighting and audio equipment;
• Comfort working in a cooperative environment with a broad range of artistic, cultural and social points of view;
• Familiarity with modern computer networking technology;
• Superb customer service, communication and organizational skills; and
• Willingness to work flexible schedule and weekends as programming demands.
Salary: Commensurate with experience
To apply, submit a resume with cover letter to:
Cultural Development Corporation
Technical Associate Search
916 G Street, NW
Washington, DC 20001
Initial review of applicants will begin immediately, but applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Friday, June 25, 2010
Job in the Arts