I have been invited to participate in the WPA SELECT 2011 WPA Art Auction Gala will take place on Saturday, March 12, 2011 at 6:30 PM at 700 Sixth Street, an Akridge property. Akridge is providing a unique, approximately 20,000 sq. ft. space to showcase all the wonderful artwork that has been selected, while also allowing for 500 dinner guests.
The WPA Art Auction Gala is usually one of the hottest tickets of the art season, routinely selling out several weeks in advance.
For 2011 the curators are:
· Vesela Sretenovic - Curator, The Phillips Collection
· Frank Goodyear - Assistant Curator of Photographs, National Portrait Gallery
· Milena Kalinovska - Director of Public Programs, Hirshhorn Museum & Sculpture Garden
· George Ciscle - Curator-in-Residence, Maryland Institute College of Art and Founder of The Contemporary Museum in Baltimore
· Helen C. Frederick - Professor & Director of Printmaking, George Mason University and Founder, Pyramid Atlantic Art Center, Silver Spring, MD
· Claire D'Alba - Assistant Curator for Art in Embassies
· Annie Adjchavanich, curator at HSPACE Gallery, Costa Mesa, CA.
Details here. By the way... here's the drawing that I will have at the auction:
Eve, Running Away from Eden. 15 x 39 inches. Charcoal on paper.
Circa 2010 by F. Lennox Campello