(e)merge is back!
The (e)merge art fair is back for its second iteration.
The dates are October 4-7, 2012.
Last years's inaugural edition of (e)merge featured 80 vetted exhibitors with works by artists from 21 countries. Over 5500 attendees visited the gallery and artist exhibitions, performances, panel discussions, curatorial museum walk-throughs, and private collection tours.
Online applications are now being accepted and the application deadline is April 27, 2012 and notifications willsent via email by June 2012.
GALLERIES + NON-PROFIT SPACES (to apply Click here)
- Exhibitors may present 1-3 artists in each room
- Art being presented may include works in all media: installation, painting, photography, new media, performance, sculpture, works on paper, and video
- The artists presented should not have had any solo museum or Kunsthalle exhibitions
ARTISTS (to apply click here)
Artists whose proposals are accepted by the selection committee will be provided with exhibition space at the Fair free of charge.
To be eligible for artist exhibition space artist applicants must:
- Be currently without gallery representation
- May have had solo gallery shows, but may not have had solo museum or Kunsthalle exhibitions
- Whereas work in all media will be carefully considered, projects involving experimental works in non-traditional formats are especially encouraged . Such work may include installation, conceptual art, performance, new media, or the inventive use of materials to express challenging concepts.
Tuesday, February 28, 2012
(e)merge is back!
On this date...
In 1854, founded by anti-slavery expansion activists, the modern Republican Party of the United States was organized in Ripon, Wisconsin.