States of MindThe Stamp Gallery at the University of Maryland invites visual artists and poets alike to apply for this exhibition. This is a unique show focusing on the embodiment of mental health in art.
This is not an exhibition emphasizing principles or output of therapeutic art, instead we seek artists whose work sheds light on the depth of mental health. We hope a broad representation of ideas and interpretations on this theme will be submitted for review. All mediums will be considered. Please visit our mission page for more information about the gallery.
May 9 – June 22, 2013
· A total of $1500 is available for artist honorariums
· Artists not selected will be added to our database for future exhibition opportunities through the Stamp Gallery.
· Artwork submitted and accepted must be available for the duration of the exhibition.
· Artworks must be ready to install, framed and/or professionally prepared to hang.
· If submitting a site-specific installation, artists are responsible for installation and de-installation of artwork.
· Literary work will be uniquely displayed in the gallery in the form of projections or prints.
· Artists are responsible for delivery and return of artwork.
· Students are welcome to submit artwork for consideration!
· $15 submission fee is waived for University of Maryland students
Dates and Deadlines
February 11, 2013 Submission Deadline
February 15, 2013 Artists will be selected and contacted
March 1, 2013 Participating Artists’ materials due: Bio, high res. images, artist statement
May 3, 2013 Artwork drop-off/ delivery deadline
May 4-8, 2013 Installation
May 9, 2013 Opening Reception
June 23, 2013 Deinstallation - all artwork must be removed from gallery by end of day