Studio Space is Available in AAC's Artist Residency Program!Application Deadline: Received by August 1, 2013
Notification Date: August 12, 2013
Studio available for move-in September 1, 2013
The Arlington Arts Center (AAC) invites Washington-area visual artists to apply for this prestigious six-year residency program, which supports artists by providing spacious and light-filled studios, subsidized rent, and a creative community of emerging artists working in diverse media. In addition to well-appointed spaces, studio artists enjoy tremendous exposure and the opportunity to exhibit their work biennially in AAC's Wyatt Gallery. The available space is within our group studio, to be shared with two other artists.
- Beautiful studios with high ceilings, natural light, and sinks, and access to generous common areas, including an artists lounge and shower facilities, and a lovely park with tennis courts on the grounds
- Wyatt Gallery devoted to exhibitions of Resident Artist work
- Great location one block to the metro at Virginia Square with cafes and shops, right between Clarendon and Ballston -- two vibrant Arlington neighborhoods
- Responsive staff eager to promote your career
- Proximity to other emerging artists in AAC studios and in the community, and to exhibiting artists from the mid-Atlantic region and beyond
Visit AAC's website at www.arlingtonartscenter.org/studios to learn more about the program, click here for a description of the Residency Program, and download an application here to get started!
What past Resident Artists have to say:
"As a Resident Artist, I have had an extraordinary space in which to work, explore new materials, develop ideas and exhibit my work. And over time, the high-ceiling studio space influenced the scale of my work, spurring the creation of more sculptural room-size interior textiles. Exhibitions and open studios stimulated dialogue with the public and other artists about the creative process. And I made an invaluable gallery connection, thanks to an independent curator who came to opening receptions. AAC supporters, staff and board members have provided great environment in which to grow as an artist." - Paula Bryan
"My residency here at AAC has been an extremely rewarding and inspirational experience. To be constantly submerged in a center that explores and presents contemporary art and to witness the effects it generates within a community is a once-in-a-lifetime experience that I treasure." - Gilbert Trent