Thursday, November 06, 2003

A few days ago I complained that WETA's Around Town did not devote enough time to the visual arts in its skimpy 30 minutes.

And today I received a very nice email from Valerie Bampoe, WETA's Audience Services Coordinator, to let me know that she had brought up my concerns to the producers of AT.

She also welcomed additional concerns be sent directly to her at vbampoe@weta.com or call her at (703) 998-2615.

Perfect opportunity for those who agree with me to write or call WETA and tell them that "Around Town" should give the visual arts equal time with theatre and music and movies, and give Bill Dunlap a few more on-air minutes to talk about our visual artists and galleries and museums and have the panel spend less times on national movies that a dozen other TV shows are already discussing.


No comments: