Thursday, October 21, 2004

The Controversy that won't go away.

Both Tyler Green at MAN and J.T. Kirkland at Thinking About Art, as well as Chris Shott at the Washington City Paper (who beats all other DC published media and breaks the story today), are seeing unidentified black helicopters flying between DCCAH and the Corcoran.

Not so sure myself, but as much as I trash the Post for their lack of visual arts coverage, I am still stunned that this whole controversy has been ignored so far by the world's second most influential newspaper.

I know that Jonathan Padget is working on this story for his "Arts Beat" column; but it is not scheduled to come out for another week.

Why not allow this story to be printed in the Post now, when the issue is hot!

I should know better.

If this had been a case of Septime Webre over at the Washington Ballet firing a guest choreographer because he excluded dancers that had participated in a rap video dance scene a year earlier, from the new Washington Ballet version of The Nutcracker then we'd be reading about it everyday in the Style section.

Makes my head hurt.

No comments: