Friday, October 15, 2004

Tonight was the opening night for the Canal Square Galleries and it was somewhat diluted by the rain (good pun uh?).

Still... I got the chance to meet J.T. Kirkland, author of Thinking About Art and his lovely date, as well as to chat with Philip Barlow, who seemed a little worn out about the whole OPTIONS 2005 controversy (more articles in the Washington City Paper and Washington Post to come in the next few days), but firm in his beliefs nonetheless. My kudos to Barlow for sticking to his beliefs.

Today's Washington City Paper has a letter from Alex Belifante, where this smart, art-gallery-food-eating-machine defends himself. Belifante is one of the "grubs."

By the way, the grubs" came out to the openings tonite, and most of them came, drank, ate and left, but I didn't see Belifante and Coxe come into the gallery; I hope they're not mad at me (what am I saying!).

No comments: