Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Giovanni Battista

I have been sort of having an artist's block lately when it comes to my own drawings, which is a bad thing, since I have a show opening December 16 at Fraser Gallery Georgetown.

I'd like to have about 25 new drawings, and so far... ahhh...

So whenever I am stuck, one of the subjects that I tend to return to are the recurring images in my artwork, such as images of Frida Kahlo, which I have been drawing, painting and sculpting since 1977, when I first saw her amazing work, or Che Guevara, whose iconic face and figure keeps reappearing in my art throughout the years.

Or in this case, the image of John The Baptist. The below piece is a new drawing (charcoal on 300 weight paper, about 3 x 9 inches):
drawing of St. John the Baptist by Campello

No comments: