Monday, March 17, 2008

Curatorialism

So far this year I've curated/juried a couple of shows (Color Invitations at R Street Gallery in DC and currently "Five Senses" at Target Street in Alexandria, VA).

Loads more efforts to come in 2008.

Next I'm helping to select the artists for the Johns Hopkins book and two city exhibition of the Innovators Combatting Substance Abuse Program next month in Baltimore.

In April I am curating the grand opening show for the new Mayer Fine Arts gallery in Norfolk, Virginia. Titled "Common Ocean: From Havana to Norfolk," the exhibition will showcase the work of four leading contemporary Cuban women: Sandra Ramos, Aimee Garcia Marrero, Marta Maria Perez Bravo and Cirenaica Moreira.

Also in April I am jurying Derivative Composition for VSA arts.

In June I will be curating Early Look, a student show for DC's Longview Gallery.

In September I am doing the jurying for the Maryland Federation of Artists' (MFA) annual Landscape Show in Annapolis.

In November I will be curating "Aqui Estamos" (Here We Are): Contemporary Cuban Art" for Mt. Rainier, Maryland's H&F Fine Arts, showing some very well-known as well as some new and emerging Cuban artists.

And in between all that I am fitting in six art fairs, a boatload of art panels and two solo shows (more on those later).

No comments: