Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Mark Planisek

Just received the terrible news that DC area artist Mark Planisek had a horrible accident over the weekend.

Apparently Mark was coming out of the Arlington Arts Center and about to was crossing the street, when a car peeled off, causing him to retreat backwards onto the sidewalk; he tripped on the curb and fell backwards, and was struck by a car and received a really bad head injury.

Planisek is in ICU and we're all hoping and praying for the best, but I am sad to say that his family has been told to prepare for the worst.

6 comments:

Jesse said...

That's terrible. I can feel his pain. I totaled a motorcycle turning into the AAC. Who says loud pipes save lives, the day before I put on a brand new pair of race pipes. I checked my mirrors, no cars, next thing I know, while watching on coming traffic, an unlicensed driver rear ended me, I flew like superman!

Mark, get well! You're in our thoughts.

Unknown said...

That's awful. The bad news just keeps rolling in this week. Best of luck to Mark.

Anonymous said...

I was lucky enough to work with Mark at the Smithsonian and show with him at numerous exhibitions. Not only is he a great guy, but a great artist and a strong advocate for the DC area art scene. I know he has a fight ahead of him, but I hope for a speedy recovery for him and strength for his family.

Alex Z said...

I'm really, really hoping and praying that he can recover from this.

Anonymous said...

This is not exactly an accurate account of the events. At the family's request I will be releasing some information in the next day or two to clarify the situation.
Thanks for everyone's concern. I sure Mark would be thankful.
Stuart Greenwell

Anonymous said...

Hi, Mark was my Uncle and I would just like to let you know this is not what happened, he was struck by the vehicle while crossing the street. It was not directly coming out of the Arlington Arts Center, he did not trip or fall backwards as you say. He was a wonderful man who is missed so much.