Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Labor Drawings

And nu?... you all knew that if I was having a new son at my early middle age, than in addition to a million photos I'd be doing some drawings, right?

Click on the drawings for a larger version of them... now to do some baby paintings for the boy's room...

Alida in labor, a birthing drawing by F. Lennox Campello


Alida in Labor (Birthing Drawing Series).
August 27, 2009. Ink on paper by F. Lennox Campello

Alida after her epidural, birthing drawings by F. Lennox CampelloAlida after her Epidural (Birthing Drawing Series).
August 27, 2009. Ink on paper by F. Lennox Campello

Anderson Campello after he was cleaned up, Birthing Drawing Series by F. Lennox CampelloAnderson Campello after he was cleaned up (Birthing Drawing Series).
August 28, 2009. Ink on paper by F. Lennox Campello

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool drawings and congratulations!

Are they for sale? I'll send you an email.

Steve

JenB said...

I love these drawings! I'm working on an "epidural" painting right now myself. You know, when I was a cynical single, I used to roll my eyes at artists who made art about their babies, but now that I've been through the childbirth experience, I found there were just so many interesting things about it that it was impossible to resist recording it on paper and canvas. Anyway, congratulations on the birth of your son.