Tuesday, December 27, 2022

William H. Anderson, R.I.P

It is with deep sadness that I share my father-in-law's passing on Christmas Eve, William H. Anderson (June 29, 1933 - December 24, 2022) - fair winds and following seas shipmate! RIP - we have the watch!

ENS William H. Anderson, USN

LTJG William H. Anderson, USN

We called him "Pop Pop", and he was perhaps the kindest, gentlest man that I have ever met. Pop Pop welcomed me to his family from the very first day, and we shared Navy stories and that comradery that only Navy shipmates can share. He loved sports, and we all loved watching soccer with him - one of his favorite sports... "Don't kick it back!" was his favorite commentary and one which will always be associated with Pop Pop. This gentle, hard-working, and loving man will be missed, but his teachings and presence will live in his descendants and in our hearts. Fair winds and following seas, old shipmate - we have the watch now.

No comments: