Monday, October 30, 2006

Position Your Artwork

Abstract Earth Gallery has a unique feature that allow the viewer to preview what a work would look like on a wall (allowing you to position the work). You can even upload pictures of your own wall to see what the work could look like in your home or office.

Just click on any of their artists' names and then click the "on the wall" option.

I bet the jury is out on just what this does to the whole "art buying process," -- and this coming from one of the world's worst art hangers, never really thinking how it looks on my wall, or if it fits a motiff or whatever - I buy artwork for many reasons, key amongst them is "do I like it?" but never "will it look good in my house."

But then more often than not, I just hang it, or if undecided, it just stays around forever waiting for a decision - such as my "decades-long waiting-to-hang" of a really nice Vija Celmins drawing that I've had for ages and it has never hung yet!

No comments: