Thursday, June 14, 2007

Another St. Sebastian

A pretty well-known DC area art collector saw my recent St. Sebastian drawing, and he emailed me and reminded me that a few years ago he bought the below pen and ink wash drawing on the same subject. As I recall I think that he bought it at a Sotheby's auction, or maybe at a late 90s gallery show in DC.

Anyway... it's a pretty large drawing, maybe 40 inches long. It is titled "Saint Sebastian in a Desintegrating Gene Davis Landscape." I had forgotten all about it, and had even lost the image (thanks to a close-by lighting strike a few years ago that nuked my computer and with it a few hundred digital images of my work). Click on the image for a larger view.

St. Sebastian in a Desintegrating Gene Davis Landscape by F. Lennox Campello

No comments: