Tuesday, October 16, 2007

The Power of the Web: Oz

When this opportunity presented itself a while back, I dug around for some doodles that I had done in the late 70s from a series that I titled "Unknown Events in the Wizard of Oz saga," back when all that I really wanted to be was a cartoonist. I showed them here.

Today I received an email notifying me that the below three pieces will be included in "Ozspiration: New Work Inspired by 100 Years of the Wizard of Oz." at the New England School of Art & Design, Suffolk University (NESAD/SU).

They are all pen and inks; one has a little red watercolor in Dorothy's shoes.

Dorothy Gale, Witch Slayer


"Dorothy Gale, Witchslayer, 'North - you're next!'"


The Last Thing the Wicked Witch of the Wicked Witch of the West said was 'Aw shit'

"The last thing that the Wicked Witch of the West said was 'Aw... shit!'"

How Dorothy Gale really killed the Wicked Witch of the East

"How Dorothy Gale really killed the Wicked Witch of the East"

No comments: