Friday, May 23, 2008

Another art scam revealed

Email received this morning (no editing, displayed as received):

From: jack tom (tjacktom@hotmail.com)

Hello
How are you doing? my name is Jack tom i live and based in australia i am interested in ordering some of your artwork and ship them to me here in australia my method of payment is via my credit card details kindly let me know if you can assist me with the order ,kindly get back to me with your website address or photos of some of your works you have instock so that we can proceed with this transaction I will await your prompt response as soon as you receive this mail,i will be be very glad if you treat this email with good concern
Thanks with Regards
Jack tom.
My response:
Dear Jack,

Thank you for your interest. I am honored by your interest in my work.

I must advise you that I am very choosy as to whom I allow to own my work, and will need to know a little about you and your family and also where you intend to display and hang my art. I also need to know how you intend to frame it.

My prices range from $1,000 to $100,000 - what price range are you interested in?

Before I decide to allow you to own one of my pieces, and you can only buy one per family, I'd like to know a little more about you and what you do in Australia.

Have a G'day!

The Lenster
Let's see if he bites.

No comments: