Friday, February 26, 2010

I have a question

I'm always amazed by the size, the huge size, of thighs in the ice speed skating world. The size on Apolo Ohno and those Koreans and northern European men and women is something to behold.

It is clear to me that those monster thighs can't fit your standard "off the rack" pants when the skaters go mufti and discard those alien sex suits that they skate with.

And nu... so my question is: what do they wear when they're out and about in civilian clothes?

Stretchy stuff (like Haggars)? Big baggy pants? Jodhpurs?

Speaking of thighs... chickens have some really huge thighs too, don't they? I have always wondered about "boneless chicken thighs."

My interest is that I am curious about the process of how they get rid of the bone. Work with me here... a boneless breast is easy to visualize the process of removing the bone.

But the bone in the chicken's thigh is in the middle of the thigh (I think). So how come I can walk into my supermarket and buy plump, full, boneless chicken thighs?

Man I'd love to see the machine that does that bone-removing process...

I don't even want to think about "boneless chicken wings."

That would make my head hurt.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dallas Cowboy Mel Renfro had some mighty thighs back in the day. He used to have to buy size 44 pants to get over his thighs and then have the waist taken in to a 32.