Friday, March 19, 2010

TV does the arts

This is one of the rarest things that ever happens in the DMV: A local TV station, attracted by the "buzz" about an art show, actually does a feature about it!

WJLA, the local ABC station in DC (Channel 7) News will air a profile of artist Amy Lin and her show at Addison/Ripley Fine Art.

The segment will be shown later today Friday, March 19 on the 5pm News.

It will be interesting to see what a little rare TV attention will do regionally to an artist of the caliber of Lin. If you've been thinking about acquiring a Lin, I'd do it before the segment airs.

Amy tells me that she will be at Addison/Ripley Fine Art from 4-6pm on Saturday, March 20, in case anyone wants to see the show while she's there and talk to her about it.

Congrats Amy!

PS - Can anyone tell me who coined the phrase "the glass teat" to describe television? I know who did, but I want to know if you know who did. And Guy Mondo... I know that you know who did!

3 comments:

andrew said...

I love me some Guy Mondo.

Terry The Artist said...

Actual TV coverage without a scandal? Wow ---careful though, maybe a meteor will hit the building.

Lisa said...

I believe it was Harlan Ellison...