Monday, October 18, 2010

Auction alert: Campello original

This Ebay auction offers a drawing that I did while in Art School. It is circa 1980. It is being offered by some antique store in Washington state.

It's pen and ink of an unicorn. The piece, as I recall, was one of many, many different unicorn and fantasy drawings that I did during that period for a fantasy periodical in Seattle (name escapes me now, but that stuff was hot in Seattle in the 1980s). I would get a small chunk of money for each drawing they used, and then I'd get the original back and sell it at the Pike's Place Market in Seattle.

Between 1977-1981 I sold artwork at Pike's Place Market... everything including all of my art school assignments once they were graded and all of the pen and ink illustrations that I did for this periodical (and others). I'm guessing that I probably sold anywhere from two to three thousand drawings, paintings, watercolors, etchings and woodcuts at Pike's Place Market in those four years - don't be too impressed, the price point ranged from $5 to $100 or so.

The unicorn pen and ink original, framed is starting at only $20 bucks! Hurry, there's only a day left in the auction!

Bid for it here.

2 comments:

hipchickindc said...

Good for you! I have portfolios and artwork from the past 25+ years taking up space. I'm finally starting to get good about getting new stuff out into the world.

Suzanne Des Marais

Guy Mondo said...

Ha! Judging from the yellowed bevel on the mat, the string to hang the frame on and, what looks like, the exposed back of the piece i'd say the owner didn't follow your advice on preserving your art. Then again, it was the 80s...