Friday, September 21, 2012

Manon Cleary at 39th Street Gallery

CREATING A LEGACY:
Paintings and Drawings
By Manon Cleary
Curated by F. Steven Kijek and John Paradiso 
September 22 - November 17, 2012

Reception September 22 from 5:00- 8:00 PM
"My art is my legacy, my children. I'm creating a history for myself the same way someone else would carry their genes forth. I care where my paintings go and how they do in the world, every one of them." 
Manon Cleary
In collaboration with F. Steven Kijek and the Cleary Estate, the 39th Street Gallery will exhibit 14 paintings and drawings by the late Manon Cleary.
 
Also Showing in the Corridor Exhibition Space:

COMPANION
Anna U. Davis, Paul Feinberg, Patricia Goslee, Jeanette Herrera, Yar Koporulin, Jared Miller, Jessika Tarr, Tom Wolff.

This is a companion show of 8 artists that were mentored by or had close relations to Manon Cleary.

39th Street Gallery, Second Floor   
Gateway Arts Center 
3901 Rhode Island Avenue.
Brentwood, Maryland 20722
Gallery hours: 
Thursdays & Fridays 7- 9 PM, Saturdays 12- 3 PM 
and by appointment (301-864-3860, x3)

No comments: