Thursday, February 18, 2016

For TBT: The fish drawings

As I've noted before, between 1992-1993 I was lucky to have lived in wondrous Sonoma, California, the real queen city of the wine country.

While I lived there, I used to drive down to Monterey and do an art fair there... one year, a local seafood restaurant owner who collected my work proposed to me to do a few drawings of some of the fish that he served in exchange for a lifetime free food at the restaurant (which had been on the Monterey Fisherman's Wharf for years, and it's still there to this day.

I agreed, and later on I drove down again, checked in, ate lunch and then went into the kitchen area, where they brought out the fish, nicely laid on a bed of ice.

I used a Sumi brush and ink to capture the images of the fish that they served... some of them are shown below:

Fish - Sumi Brush on paper - 1993 F. Lennox Campello

Seattle Salmon - Sumi Brush on paper - 1993 F. Lennox Campello

Fish - Sumi Brush on paper - 1993 F. Lennox Campello

Fish - Sumi Brush on paper - 1993 F. Lennox Campello

Fish - Sumi Brush on paper - 1993 F. Lennox Campello

No comments: