Monday, February 08, 2021

Art scam alert!!!

Beware of this mutant trying to rip off artists!

From: Barbara Flower barbaraflower1327@gmail.com

Subject: Aqua Marine Needed Urgently

Hello There,

          My Name is Barbara Flower from TEXAS. I actually observed my Husband has been viewing your website on my laptop and i guess he likes your piece of work. I'm also impressed and amazed to have seen your various works too,  You are doing a Great job. I would like to purchase one of The "Aqua Marine" Series, as a surprise to my Husband on our anniversary. Also, let me know if you accept CHECK as mode of Payment.

Thanks and best regards

Barbara.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

It is definitely a scam

The artist KK said...

I received this sane email today. Thank you for getting the word out.

Juno said...

Almost a year later to the original date of this post I've also received this exact email. -Juno

Anonymous said...

She moved to New York ;)

Hello There,
My Name is Barbara Flower from (NEW YORK). I actually observed my Husband has been viewing your website on my laptop and i guess he likes your piece of work. I'm also impressed and amazed to have seen your various works too, You are doing a Great job. I would like to purchase Two of your Photographs "WALK OF FAME - 48" x 32", $2,500" And "HEADING HOME IN BURANO - 32" x 48", $2,500", as a surprise to my Husband on our Wedding Anniversary. Also, let me know if you accept CHECK as mode of Payment.

Thanks and best regards
Barbara.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for posting this! She's still at it, two years later. I got a very similar email from 'her' today and thought it was fishy, so I looked it up and found your blog.

Very grateful that we have a way of making this information public.