Thursday, September 21, 2023

How to Spend $1,000 at NYC’s Affordable Art Fair

Rhea Nayyar from Hyperallergic went to the Affordable Art Fair in NYC with a thousand imaginary bucks...

I gave myself an imagined budget and set out to find everything from dorm-room art to a housewarming gift for that friend who loves crystals.

I was admittedly grumpy when I arrived at the Metropolitan Pavilion in Manhattan to see that the line for the Affordable Art Fair entry wrapped around three-quarters of the block. For what it’s worth, the line moved quickly and I got to daydream about organizational solutions while peering into the neighboring Container Store, but even then, I still couldn’t believe how many people were waiting to get in on the preview night alone. Thankfully, the fair runs through September 24.

And I appreciate that Nayyar picked my Bisque drawings as one of her recommendations! About 30 of them sold on VIP Preview Night!

Read the article here.

No comments: