Wednesday, December 04, 2019

Pulse opening day minus one

Up early in the am and took a pic of the spectacular view from the even more spectacular condo where I am staying courtesy of two dear old friends. And I was so tired from last night's march that I slept for a solid ten hours!


After waking up, I took the free Miami Beach trolley and for some reason I got of a few blocks before where Pulse actually is (46th) and thus had to walk again!

Once at Pulse, a few hours later the booth was all finished!




Around two I took the trolley back to the condo, showered (again) and then headed out to the Aqua Art Fair opening... to help out with the Washington Glass Studio's first ever art fair over at the iconic Aqua hotel on Collins Avenue.

When I got there around 4PM, there was a huge line outside Aqua (always a good sign)... part because Aqua has a great reputation as the best hotel art fair on the planet, and part because the Miami Beach fire marshal has suddenly decided to limit how many people can be inside the building's courtyards.

The gallery's room was on the second floor and the hotel was packed! They had work by two of the DMV's best known glass artists: Steve Wanna and Erwin Timmers, as well some spectacular assemblages by the DMV's Jordan Bruns (now living in Japan) and new DMV area glass artist Teri Bailey, the new face the Washington Glass School's staff and the director of its gallery.

While there I ran in to former DMV artist Cheryl Derricote, who is having a spectacular career since moving to the Bay area!

The Lenster with Cherryl Derricote
When I left... around 8PM, the line outside the hotel was almost a block long!


The trolley back to my place was packed and I rode on its steps!  Pulse opens tomorrow!

No comments: