Thursday, December 05, 2019

Pulse opening night!

I wake up... I look out onto the Caribbean from the amazing 16th floor of Bel Aire on Collins Avenue... I take a pic from my phone.

Soon I am on the trolley on the way to Pulse... getting ready for the VIP opening... some good breakfast goodies, mimosas, champagne, slim Cuban-American girls in impossibly high heels, handsome young men in high water skinny pants and lots of art collectors!

On the trolley I make a meme out of my photo.


The fair doesn't disappoint! The aisles are crowded and I break the ice almost immediately with a sale of one of my Bisque drawings on unfired Bisque.

Soon, that installation of multiple pieces has lots of holes in it, and by noon I've sold almost twenty pieces.


During the VIP opening... the DMV's uberartist Akemi Maewaga comes by, as she has for may years!

The Lenster, Tim Tate and Akemi Maewaga
Later that night, after the fair closes... I head out and have dinner of great Cuban food at Las Vegas Restaurant on Collins Avenue... ropa vieja makes a great end of the night!



No comments: